Paediatric First Aid – OFSTED Compliant Two Day (12 Hour) Course
Our trainers absolutely love running this course! It’s specifically written for child care settings to comply with the Early Years Foundation Stage Statutory Framework.
It’s a relaxed workshop, absolutely packed with plenty of practice and loads of time to ask questions and share stories.
Covering childhood illnesses and conditions in-depth, it also covers some adult first aid for big kids that get into scrapes too!
This course is written to be especially suitable for those working in childcare settings, and is therefore also ideal for:
- au pairs
- foster carers
- primary schools
- nursery staff
- parents and carers.
This course meets the criteria for Millie’s Mark
- Emergency Actions
- Child, Baby & Adult Basic Life Support (CPR)
- Child, Baby & Adult Choking
- How to use a defib (AED)
- Head, Neck & Back Injuries
- Asthma, Panic Attacks, Drowning & Fumes
- Unconsciousness & Recovery Position
- Shock, Electrical Shock & Anaphylaxis
- Bleeding, Wounds & Burns
- Injuries to the Bones, Muscles & Joints
- Concussion, Seizures/Fitting & Diabetes
- Meningitis, Croup & Sickle Cell
- First Aider Responsibilities
- Plus lots more!
Great to know
- This course is OFSTED compliant and complies with the Early Years Foundation Stage Statutory Framework
- Each delegate will get a qualification and certificate which is valid for three years.
- Each delegate will also get a free workbook, and a copy of our user-friendly manual ‘The Good First Aid Guide’ to keep.
- This course is a fun and interactive workshop, with lots of time for practice and questions.
- There are no formal written tests. We assess each candidate through practical continuous assessment and verbal responses to questions throughout the course in a relaxed and non-threatening way!
Course cost is from £80 per person. Group rates and special discounts are available.
This price includes all training materials, registration, assessment and certification fees.